Introduction to Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is growing in popularity and there is increasing research support for a large range of diagnoses and life problems. It combines mindfulness and behavioural principles to help clients make space for painful thoughts and feelings, bring their focus to the present and take steps towards the life they value.
This fun and engaging two day experiential workshop will:
- Teach strategies to help your clients hold their painful thoughts and emotions gently and with compassion.
- Demonstrate ways for you and your clients to identify values and actively move towards these.
- Draw on mindfulness strategies to increase awareness of the present moment.
- Review the theory and research base for ACT.
- Focus on the therapeutic relationship so support can be provided in a compassionate and flexible manner.
- Practice formulating life struggles from an ACT perspective.
- Provide many opportunities to practice ACT exercises and relate the concepts back to participants’ own lives and clinical experiences.
Lunch and Morning/Afternoon teas are included.
Monday 25 November - Tuesday 26 November, Front + Centre, Wellington. Tickets available here
Leaning Into ACT: Skills Intensive
Saturday, 30 November 2019 - Sunday, 1 December 2019
You've learned about ACT assumptions and processes, and used ACT with clients in your clinical practice. Now it's time to develop your skills further to use ACT with more precision, flexibility and compassion.
This two day workshop is available to clinicians who have already completed our 2 day Introduction to ACT workshop (or a 2 day equivalent by another ACT trainer).
Tickets available here